After 9 years, the CD player died in my beloved Toyota all-terrain dive vehicle. If you think dSLRs have come a long way in the last 10 years, you should check out car radios - my new one has 3 pre-amps, CD, ipod-ready (and controls via the radio), USB-enabled, bluetooth-enabled, 2 aux channels, and is extremely shiny. All for $130, which is much less than the old one cost 9 years ago. It's like an old friend's child I haven't seen in years; the change is just amazing.
That is all. Enjoy your Mondays.
if i could only get one for my mountain bike..
I'm working on a stereo for a ski boat right now and I am also shocked at how inexpensive they are. Really amazingly cheap.
Mike ... there is a guy here in Cayman who has a stereo on his bike .. with speakers too !!!
oh and it's way loud !
if i could only get one for my mountain bike..
You'd have to pedal pretty hard to generate enough electricity to run it and the speakers - sounds like work.