Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Woot! It can still be done!

Started by bobjarman ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Woot! It can still be done!

2 posts
  1. Well, after six months of scrounging around for pieces parts, I did it! I put together a bargin basement film system. thanks to all the diginuts in here selling gear, and a few other sites I was able to put together the following set up:

     

    Ikelite A2 Housing

    4 lens Ports

    Dual Sync cord

    Pelican case

    Ikelite 50 Strobe

    Macro Grip Arm

    Ikelite 200 Strobe

    Macro Grip arm

    2 Ikelite 200 Batteries

    Smart Charger

     

    Canon A2 Camera

    Canon 28-105 lens

    BH 4+ Diopter

     

    New o-rings for everything and full Ike service on housing, ports

     

    10 rolls fresh vevia, 10 rolls of fresh provia

     

    Since I already own the 16-35L and the 100macro, and the ports I got will fit both of these lenses I think i got a full blown set up and the best part.........

     

    Everything for less than $1,700.

     

    I think I just found the number one reason why I don't house house my 1d ;-)

     

     

    Sorry.....I am a little giddy.......trip in june to Belize........first in a year.......woot again!

    :D:P:D:D:D:D

     

     

    And I am still planning on posting results!

     

     

    .........and i am really not looking forward to hauling out my scanner

  2. Almost as cheap as the good old Nikonos way!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.