Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

X-Drive II 40GIG

Started by yahsemtough ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

X-Drive II 40GIG

3 posts
  1. I am thinking of getting one as my laptop is filling up. Any suggestions other than possibly having to partition by installing it in my computer first.

     

    Any reason why I should think of something else?

     

    Thanks for any help.

  2. The 80GB Travelstar HDD goes for $300. which is only $20 more than two 40GB 40GNX HDDs.

     

    When you upgrade your laptop, you can pull out and sell the new one, and plunk in the 80GB.

     

    I bought both an X-Drive-II and a Tripper, both empty, for $250 total, with free shipping, and a

    40GB 40GNX Travelstar for $140+tax+shipping. The X in GNX is important and distinguishes

    it from the 40GN series ( a 40GB 40GN goes for about $100+tax+shipping ). I also have a

    40GB 40GN and will be benchmarking the two.

     

    I'll be benchmarking the enclosures for speed and power consuption. In the meantime, if you

    have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

  3. Thanks, I appreciate the info. And, may ask some questions soon.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.