I am starting to get a few half decent (in my eyes) pictures so was thinking of starting my own website to show them off.
But before doing that i was wondering how people watemark or atleast put a copyright symbol on their pictures. I can add a text box but i assume anyone that way inclined can just delete said text box.
Is there anyway of adding something a little more permenant to pictures I upload?
I've just done a search and think I found the answer.
Just have to merge the layers and hey presto.
I am new here but learning fast
I think a lot of people either use something like BreezeBrowser which has this feature ready to use with it .. or have action scripts in Photoshop that do it for you.
I am sure there are many ways and some easier than others, and some better than others .. did you serach the forums for watermark ? I think there have been a few threads in the past about this .. check it out .. it may have a great solution for you!
Hi all,
I am starting to get a few half decent (in my eyes) pictures so was thinking of starting my own website to show them off.
But before doing that i was wondering how people watemark or atleast put a copyright symbol on their pictures. I can add a text box but i assume anyone that way inclined can just delete said text box.
Is there anyway of adding something a little more permenant to pictures I upload?
Digimarc/myDigitalMarc embeds in the photo itself and there are different price points, at the high end it will actually report wherever your photo appears on the web.
I am starting to get a few half decent (in my eyes) pictures so was thinking of starting my own website to show them off.
But before doing that i was wondering how people watemark or atleast put a copyright symbol on their pictures. I can add a text box but i assume anyone that way inclined can just delete said text box.
Is there anyway of adding something a little more permenant to pictures I upload?
There is a lot of free-ware that will do this for you pretty well. The best (or least bad) one I have seen and used successfully is Picture Shark. It works well, pretty simple, not too complex. Much simpler that Photoshop, etc in my opinion.
search for the term "Digital Watermark Branding" on the page
it allows you to create an action that will include you watermark automatically, whether your image is vertical or horizontal and whatever the size of the image. i use it and really like it.
works on CS, CS2 and CS3...
A software program called Watermark Factory works really well and is easy to use. You can get a 30 day trial on line. I think the cost is about $39. Its worth a try.
I think may be Wetpixel can start a FAQ forum or some other form of KB searches. I have seen this question asked several times in the past few years.
Anyway, if you use Photoshop, the easiest free method is to create a custom brush with your copy right design, save it. When you edit your photo, just select the custom brush and drop it to the picture and save it again.
you've probably sorted it by now, but just in case.. Many of the template based photo websites like photium, smugmug, etc. have built in watermarking so it is done for you - benefit is that it doesn't affect the original image. also solves the setting up a website issue..