Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica S2 housing...any news?

Started by DaveH ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica S2 housing...any news?

6 posts
  1. Has anyone heard anything more about the Aquatica housing for the S2 Pro? Any recent reviews or news on a release date?

  2. I believe they are showing a prototype at the Chicago show. I'm a dealer so I don't know anything :D But I will try to find out.

  3. The S2 housings have been surprisingly slow to the market. Is the market share of that camera that far behind canon and nikon?

  4. Is the market share of that camera that far behind canon and nikon?

     

    Yes, but well ahead of the Sigma.

  5. Has anyone heard anything more about the Aquatica housing for the S2 Pro? Any recent reviews or news on a release date?

    It was shown at the show in Chicago and there is one other prototype floating around. Third-hand I was hearing end of May. I am awaiting a full review before I decide yay or nay.

     

    Market share for the S2Pro is actually pretty good, but hard to judge because every report I have seen always lumps all of the Canon and Nikon digitals in one group, and Fuji doesn't have that many digitals in the market.

     

     

    Also many manufacturers had to choose one or the other, and Nikon was a safer bet. Thanks Ike for the S2Pro housing....

     

    M

  6. Hi to all...

     

    Ok. this is the scoop on the Aquatica S2.

    We showed the first working production unit iat the Chicago show last week with rave reviews.

    It is almost exactly layed out as the now very popular Aquatica D100 housing.

    All the controls are very similar with the principal differences in the rear housing panel where the off center viewing port is located.

    All controld for the S2 are accessible.

    I will be testing and reviewing the Aquatica S2 this comming week and again as always will post the reivew and photos on wetpixel.

    Delivery of the housings will begin sometime early summer- date not specified. Price will be the same as AD100- Housing and double TTL bulkhead- $1959 with 8" dome at $350. Again, Aquatica has taken the lead in this niche market.....

    For more information and housing reservation, please contact me off line - mauricio@handlerphoto.com

     

    Safe diving.....

    Mauricio Handler

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.