Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Native jpeg VS raw retouched in PS

Started by Claustro ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Native jpeg VS raw retouched in PS

4 posts
  1. Maybe I am making mistakes in retouching my photo in image raw , but the processed photo loookks for worse of the original jpeg processed by the camera...

    I have a lot of calibrating problem , I am buying a colorimeter for it , and my images look differents in different program on the same pc ( ps ,acdsee winxp viewer ecc..)

    take a look and give me your advice:-)

     

    Retouched

     

    dsc1997psjy0.jpg

     

    Original jpeg

     

    dsc1997md8.jpg

  2. What type of processing are you doing in RAW? Remember that the JPEG is already processed in camera. Particularly in this case it looks like the RAW is not as sharp, so be sure to sharpen the RAW image, a slight increase in colour saturation and contrast as well will probably do the trick.

  3. What type of processing are you doing in RAW?

     

    I use this guide for retouching in camera raw, but maybe I am missing something 'cos my results aren't so good:-(

    Thank you for answering me.

     

    Andrea

    Edited by Claustro
  4. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think there is more detail in the shot derived from the RAW file. It is less vibrant but that is down to your settings.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.