Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

opisthobranch?

Started by zippsy ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

opisthobranch?

4 posts
  1. I think I figured out that this is an opisthobranch rather than a nudibranch, which I learned about from another post. I don't see any gills or rhinophores. Am I on the right track? Sorry for the grainy photo.

    post-9510-1202828297_thumb.jpg

  2. Yes, not a nudi, but related.

     

    Chelidonura sp

  3. Nice close up Zippsy. It's common in the IP. Chelidonura amoena.

  4. Thanks much for the information. I should have also mentioned that this was found at 11m at "the dropoff", Pulau Sapi, near Kota Kinabalu in the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park.

     

    I'll have to look more closely for these guys without naked gills or rhinophores. I've never noticed them before!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.