Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Whats going on ????

Started by DeanB ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Whats going on ????

5 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    Just a quick question / query .... for all you stills boys and girls...

     

    I've just put a 512MB CF card in my mates D70s and it says Ive only got 11 shots...Theres nothing on there at all as it says 'Folder contains no images'...Although the other 256MB card says I can take 143 !!!!

     

    Whats going on ... :D

     

    Divew safe

     

    DeanB

  2. first thoughts...

     

    maybe there is a second folder on the card.. most? cameras i think create a new folder when image 10,000 is shot, they only number up to 9999 and then make a new folder with image numbers starting again at 0001.

     

    Was the card last shot on a d70? If not, maybe the camera can see the folder but doesn't understand its contents.

     

    If you have copied everything you need off the card, you could re format in the d70.

    Edited by photovan
  3. Yes Dean get into the menu and format the card and it should be then fine.

  4. Cheers guys...

     

    10,000 !!!!!! I wish ..... I reformatted the card and now I have 286 shots so hopefully thats that...

     

    Thanks again

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  5. ... 10,000 !!!!!! I wish .........

     

    :excl: the cameras continuously number the files ... when you fill a card the next card gets the next number up to 9999 :D

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.