Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Meet the Spears, dem got 'Nads.....

Started by CamDiver ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Meet the Spears, dem got 'Nads.....

9 posts
  1. Just thought it would be fun to share a record of our meeting recently in Aliwal Shoal south Africa.

     

    All the best guys, hope the tail end of the vacation went well. Did you end up sharing a bed with that wild cat??

     

    Best,

    mark.

  2. Those bubbles weren't coming from my regulator mate if you know what I mean! :D

     

    We had a blast in Aliwal, once Zoe got into the swing of it. Looking back it seems like a dream come nightmare, I know for a fact that its the first time I've EVER felt frightened in the water. The second day was the worst as you know what to expect haha! After that I think I actually started to enjoy myself :excl:

     

    We had fun in the bush afterwards, although the place we went to wasn't the best for big action. Just had an email from our friends who've just been to Sabi Sands - saw 2 leopard kills on the first day - we'll have to head there next time, although I think it's like £500 a night! eek, better get saving!

     

    We'll be back in September. It's weird I'd never been to sub saharan Africa before last year and now I can't get enough. It gets in your blood you know, almost like a drug...

     

    Cheers, Simon

  3. ...sub saharan Africa...It gets in your blood you know,...

     

    ...malaria :D;):D (jk)

     

    Quite alot of sharks in that picture :):excl:

  4. Well it depends on how you look at it when you say there are a few sharks in the picture. Look away from the action and see the Tigers, look back to the bait stem and see........40 odd Blacktip sharks all wanting some of the sardines.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

    Hey Simon, this place does get into your blood but your blood also boils when like today when the place we are staying in got robbed. All they got was a laptop with no power supply. Thankfully not the Mac.. :D

  5. Yeah lots of sharks. Take a look at the welcoming committee waiting for you when you jump in! I'd say that they are 'only' blacktips, but they are pretty feisty. I had fins grabbed and if you go near the bait they tend to swim into you at high speed. I got winded from it when one hit me in the stomach and I think most people come away with a few bruises. Zoe got her strobes bitten quite a bit, but they left my cam alone pretty much.

     

    Mark that's crap about the laptop, but thank god it wasn't the mac or any of your filming equipment. If it wasn't for the crime I think I'd move to South Africa tomorrow. It's got such potential but very little hope of ever fulfilling it :blush:

     

    Cheers, Simon

    post-5066-1203085643_thumb.jpg

  6. Hey, did I ever tell you guys about the killer bat fish who nibbled on my finger once?

    Steve B)

  7. Haha - or that nasty scar on my forehead caused by a damsel :blush:)

  8. Well I got bit by NEMO once on my hand. :blush:

  9. Yeah but that was from a movie star, I can think of a few stars(Angelina) I wish would give a bite, heck, even a nibble.-Steve B)

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.