Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Rinspeed's SQuba Submersible CAR?!?

Started by Drew ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Rinspeed's SQuba Submersible CAR?!?

5 posts
  1. With inspiration from 007, Rinspeed showed off the new Squba car, based on a Lotus Elise but modified with propellers and tanks!

    The interior is by Strähle + Hess (you have to be a carmod geek to know them) and it's zero emission electric engine driven. Although I have to wonder if the Lithium batteries are disguised as the self-destruct security system as seen in "For Your Eyes Only", especially if they spring a leak underwater.

    Now the other issue is reef driver's license. I mean 1 ton of car can do a lot of damage to the reef. I wonder if Jim Clark will drive this in Raja Empat?

    squba_a1_580.jpg

    Squba Submarine Car

    Edited by Drew
  2. How exciting: lithium batteries large enough to power a car installed in a submersible. Better make sure those o-rings work.

     

    I'm sure the bouyancy is perfect as well. Nothing like having your Lotus stink like a used wetsuit when you want to impress the ladies.

  3. Well apparently it's designed to have pretty water tight carpeting. Still I'm assuming it's not made for the humid tropics where it would be ideal to have the car vs in the freezing lakes or the med.

    Well then again, that would be practical thinking and that doesn't apply to something like this.

    I'm also disappointed they didn't put in a rebreather.

  4. Me want one..

     

    Hey I wonder if you can roll up the windows if you start getting cold. :blush:

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.