Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Looking to move to digital

Started by mattsh ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Looking to move to digital

1 posts
  1. I am looking to upgrade from my MMII EX (Seamaster Pro) to a digital camera. I will also use the camera topside, but I figure anything I use underwater will be good enough for the rest of the time also. In addition to the MMIIEX, I have a Canon Elan II and a housed Rebel G that I bough used on Ebay and have not taken underwater. I also have 2 non-digital strobes that I would like to use with the camera, but they are not set up to preflash and require bulkhead connections for TTL control.

     

    The most obvious choce in a camera to me is the Canon D10, but I am afraid that the effective lens multiplier will eventually make me want to upgrade to a full frame sensor if they ever come out, rendering the D10 a very expensive middle step.

     

    So... Is there a prosumer digital camera in the 4 to 5 mp range with minimal shutter lag that will control my existing TTL strobes. I don't want to spend the money on new strobes and a new camera and housing, and If I can't get the strobes to work right, I might as well stay with the toys that I have. With my currect set-up I do like to shoot both macro and wide angle on the same dive, and if I can reuse my Sea & Sea lenses, that would be a real plus.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.