Not a popular topic but just wondering how dedicated underwater photographers feel about spearfishing in general.
Be honest.
Read-only discussion
Not a popular topic but just wondering how dedicated underwater photographers feel about spearfishing in general.
Be honest.
i dont eat seafood but spearing to me is the best for those who do, no bycatch. should be apnea not scuba though
Agreed, no bycatch from spearing and I don't think there would be anyone here who would disagree that trawling is the worst kind of fishing. But how would we stop that?
Spearfishing on scuba is what I was really getting at because there are fish speared close in that even a trawler would have a hard time netting. Scuba spearing puts fish at a disadvantage and contributes to the problem of overfishing I reckon.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.