Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica D100 Housing

Started by jimbo1946 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica D100 Housing

3 posts
  1. I have an Aquatica D100 housing on the way, and I just ordered a Subal SB80-DX Strobecase. My problem is that I have an Aquatica strobe arm set (I used to attach it to a Nikonos SB-105), and I don't know how I'm going to attach the Strobecase to it. The Subal dealer told me that the Strobecase will have a mounting stud with an 8mm ball. The Aquatica arms have a much bigger ball (about 20mm or so). [Please, no gags about my balls being the wrong size!]

     

    The Subal Strobecase ball is going to be too small to lock down in the Aquatica connector. I'm probably not making much sense unless you're familiar with the Aquatica arm system, but does anyone have any ideas? I just emailed Aquatica to see if they have any off-the-shelf hardware that would work, but I didn't see anything in their online catalog.

     

    Any ideas would be appreciated. I hate to have to get out the duct tape and start wrapping!

  2. I have an Aquatica D100 housing on the way, and I just ordered a Subal SB80-DX Strobecase.  My problem is that I have an Aquatica strobe arm set (I used to attach it to a Nikonos SB-105), and I don't know how I'm going to attach the Strobecase to it.  The Subal dealer told me that the Strobecase will have a mounting stud with an 8mm ball.  The Aquatica arms have a much bigger ball (about 20mm or so). [Please, no gags about my balls being the wrong size!]

     

    The Subal Strobecase ball is going to be too small to lock down in the Aquatica connector.  I'm probably not making much sense unless you're familiar with the Aquatica arm system, but does anyone have any ideas?  I just emailed Aquatica to see if they have any off-the-shelf hardware that would work, but I didn't see anything in their online catalog.

     

    Any ideas would be appreciated.  I hate to have to get out the duct tape and start wrapping!

    8mm is the size of the stud that threads into the case. You can get an 8mm ball from ULCS although I imagine Aquatica makes one too.

  3. Thanks, Craig! I must have misunderstood about the connector.

     

    Jim

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.