Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Making Enlargements Issue

Started by JRRKAR ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Making Enlargements Issue

4 posts
  1. I'm looking for suggestions for making enlargements (20"x30")of some photos. I took the photos in RAW, then converted them to jpeg. I was trying to upload the pictures to Wal-Mart to get printed. Depending on the size of the jpeg, the website would not let me choose the 20" x 30"size becasue of the size of the file. I then went into Photoshop and increased the siize of the picture which obviously increased the size of jpeg. When I then tried to upload, the website did not recognize the revised picture.

     

    So....any suggestions as to the best way to get enlargements?

     

    Jeff

  2. I use Elco-Color (http://www.elcocolor.com/poster_special.htm) and have had very good luck with them. I send them high resolution AdobeRGB color profiled images (and use a profiled monitor), and have gotten excellent results. They use Fuji Crystal paper and for $10/image for 20x30 it is quite a deal.

  3. Try Costco. They are about $5 for a Fugi Crystal 18 x 28

  4. I upsize to 300 dpi, save as a tiff, seems to print better than jpeg (but really big files)

     

    I use Pictopia, you can upload via FTP or via the web depending on file size.

     

    I've had excellent results with prints up to 35" from my D200.

     

    John

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.