Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sigma 8mm fisheye

Started by craig ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Sigma 8mm fisheye

4 posts
  1. There has been talk recently about the currently cropped dSLR's and the lack of a true fisheye option. I thought I'd post a couple of crappy photos with the Sigma 8mm.

     

    This first one is combination stretch/crop of the raw image to convert it to full frame. I don't know the right way to go about this.

    fisheye1.jpg

    The field of view is way beyond 100 degrees, probably 130 or so.

     

    The second one is straight from the camera.

    fisheye2.jpg

    Yeah those are my legs. The field is 180 degrees wide and fills 92% of the frame. A full frame crop reduces file size to the 4MP range.

     

    Anyone with a true need for a fisheye wouldn't want to live with the loss of resolution, I imagine. Still, you can do this with a D100, and a DX type lens wouldn't be hard to manufacture. I personally think it's not high on Nikon's list.

  2. Still looks cool - except for those legs...:-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Got enough remote controls?

     

    Actually. My place is like that, too.:D Except that I can never use my projector because it's so bright in my place.

  4. Mine's more a night-time setup, too. It just takes one small window that you can't cover.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.