Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

LIDS Photo Clinic

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

LIDS Photo Clinic

9 posts
  1. At the London International Dive Show (LIDS) 8/9th March I will co-hosting the Underwater Photography Clinic with Photoshop expert and Wetpixel member Saeed Rashid. In fact I will be joining quite a Wetpixel tradition as this session has previously be run by Wetpixel members Paul Kay and John Bantin.

     

    The session will run on both days between 1:45 and 3:00 and much of the presentation will focus on helping you get better images. I will be advising on how to improve your in water photographic techniques and Saeed demonstrating how RAW conversion and Photoshop processing can improve those images you have already taken.

     

    If you are thinking of coming to LIDS and would like direct feedback on how you can improve your shots please email two or three of your images to info@focusindepth.com (the address can handle files up to 20mb, so RAW's or JPEG's are fine). Alternatively you can bring your pictures to the show and give them directly to me on the BSoUP stand, in the morning before the presentation each day.

     

    Ideally we are after problem images. Pictures that just aren't as good as you hoped that they would be. But we would also like a few stunners to be submitted, as a lot can also be learned from discussing why they are so effective.

     

    Alex

  2. Well I have some pics you could laugh at but nothing really worth bringing... But I'm hopefully coming down anyway so will pop in and try and learn something :lol:

     

    And maybe a :) or :):lol: if you have time.... ;)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  3. Well I have some pics you could laugh at but nothing really worth bringing... But I'm hopefully coming down anyway so will pop in and try and learn something :lol:

     

    And maybe a :) or :):lol: if you have time.... ;)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

     

     

     

    Dean,

     

     

     

    which day are you going down?

     

     

     

    Alex, If you're desperate I can let you have something - maybe even one of those green water magic filter shots - the one of my buddy below the pub?

     

     

     

    Cheers,

     

     

     

    Tim

  4. Dean,

     

    which day are you going down?

     

    Tim

     

    You dirty git :) and asking if Alex is desperate...Tut tut timmy me old son !!!

     

    To be honest I don't know yet but I usually go on sundays..depends on lifts etc...Or if Simon Spear lets me stay at his the night... :lol:;) or if we meet up and you drive :lol::)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  5. You dirty git :lol: and asking if Alex is desperate...Tut tut timmy me old son !!!

     

    To be honest I don't know yet but I usually go on sundays..depends on lifts etc...Or if Simon Spear lets me stay at his the night... :(:( or if we meet up and you drive :);)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

     

     

     

    That'll be the Scorpio in me then.

     

     

     

    I'm more than happy to meet up and drive down - you get to, say, Stoney or somewhere down the M40 and it would be my pleasure.

     

     

     

    Right now I'm easy on dates so Sat or Sun would be ok.

     

     

     

    Tim

  6. Alex, If you're desperate I can let you have something - maybe even one of those green water magic filter shots - the one of my buddy below the pub?

     

    Hey Tim,

     

    Yeah, it would be great to have some UK images. But ideally not filter shots (although I do love that shot of yours). If I mention the word filter in public people are quick to say there he goes again plugging his filters! And that is even when I am talking about the filter for my aquarium. ;)

     

    Anyway, to get back on track. Please send your images in - it is a UK dive show - so UK images would be purr-fick!

     

    Alex

  7. Just to bump this up! Don't forget images in this week, please!

     

    Alex

  8. Aquarium !!!!!... 'Fish Jail'... you evil bastard :P

     

    And for god sake stop plugging those damn filters....filters this, filters that...enough already...

     

    :)

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

     

    PS...Timing me old son thanks a million..I haven't decided which day yet but i will let you know...

  9. A big thank you to those who have already sent images in. Last chance tonight to get them in by email, alternatively give them to me directly at the show. I will mainly be on the BSoUP stand 346.

     

    For those who haven't seen it - I will also have a couple of copies of Wetpixel Quarterly with me.

     

    52be7028-a7ce-40d5-a7bd-8c3c32071631.jpg

     

    5e395d7f-28bc-4b4f-a205-13602d95d8f4.jpg

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.