I am currently working on a book to aid in the identification of Welsh marine fishes. It is being produced under the auspices of the UK's Marine Conservation Society and is grant aided. I am looking for images of fish which have been found in Welsh waters and to date I have a list of some 350+ which includes some surprising vagrants (Hammerhead, Swordfish, and suchlike). No similar publication currently exists which is at all comprehensive nor which is photographic.
The images need to be clear (photoshop cleaning fully accepted) as the book is primarily an identification guide and is aimed at ALL users of the marine environment including commercial fihermen, anglers, rockpoolers as well as divers. It is hoped that it will enable a better understanding of what fish are found in Welsh waters, especially the smaller, often overlooked species.
Budgets are strictly limited and I am putting a great deal of time into this as well as my own images so am unable to offer significant fees so donated photos would be welcomed (the exercise is not a commercially viable one unfortunately) however (providing funds allow!), all contributors should be supplied with one copy at least and will of course be fully credited. I quite understand if this is unacceptable and will even endeavour to pay an image fee if at all possible. Donated images or reduced fee images can be used to match the grant aid available and should therefore allow more budget to go into printing, etc..
If you are interested in helping then please PM me with your email and I'll forward lists of the fish images that I am looking for - obviously most images will be of North Eastern European species.