Skip to content

Conservation and the Environment / Archived topic

Conservation Expedition or Program Suggestions

Started by Giles ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Conservation Expedition or Program Suggestions

2 posts
  1. Hi guys,

     

    I know there are so many people here that have met so many other people who are into the marine world that I thought some of you maybe able to help steer me towards something I can do whilst between jobs.

     

    I am looking for something where I might learn a little something, see a little something new and enjoy myself whilst helping out a good cause.

     

    I would love to get involved in a Marine Conservation Expedition or Program. Originally I thought of sharks and whales and dolphins etc .. but if anyone knows of anything else interesting I am all ears.

     

    I am reading a few sites like Coral Cay etc .. and ideally I don't want to have to spend too much of my own money doing this, I have some very usefull skills both dive, photo, and boat driving and maintenance etc that I am sure could be put to good use, and whilst I don't nec need paying I just don't want to pay too much to do it.

    On that note as well I may also look at doing something costly but then I will have to look into getting sponsored, which I am sure is possible to make happen.

     

    I am really up for anything, and just throwing ideas around as I have some free time for the next 8 months and don't want to let it just waste away.

     

    Cheers in advance for any advice etc

    cheers,

    Giles

    Edited by Giles
  2. I am not sure if this is just major dreaming but in addition some things I have been looking into was doing a course of some sort to start getting a foot in the door.

     

    Is there a course I could do like the shark one in Bimini that may help me get in on a shark research program ? Is the Bimini one the only public one, or is it the best ?

     

    and is it likely that I could get on a shark research program doing something like oceanics in the Indian Ocean or Whale Sharks in some nice warm water too ? They seem to be from my research pretty tight knit private programs with some seriously experienced people at the helm.

     

    Am I dreaming to be looking into this as a good thing to do in my time out ?

     

    the educational course I might be interested in doing anyway if it is good, but not too long a course (week to a month sort of thing, i don't want to be going back to college!)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.