Does anyone know the name of this Red Sea sea urchin? The picture was taken on a night dive in the Gulf of Aquaba.
Thanks in advance, Sully
Read-only discussion
Does anyone know the name of this Red Sea sea urchin? The picture was taken on a night dive in the Gulf of Aquaba.
Thanks in advance, Sully
Whatever it is, it's a beautiful creature!
It resembles the Queens hat.
Sorry to be of no help whatsoever ![]()
PauP
I think it's a Regal Pin cushion, so you were not too far out OG!
Many thanks for the answer to my question. Now
I would like to hear from another diver who has seen one of these very pretty urchins.
Is it a rare creature, or just shy and well hidden. sully ![]()
Beautiful creature indeed!
I dived last year in Aqaba, and unfortunately never saw that one !
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.