Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Where to buy Kenko TC

Started by Lndr ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Where to buy Kenko TC

7 posts
  1. Anyone out there know & recommend somewhere that stocks Kenko TCs in Aus? LCS or net OK.

     

    cheers

  2. Discount Digital Photographics in Sydney have some. I got my 40D online from them and got good service (and a great price). I know a couple of people in Sydney who have purchased gear from them and picked it in person, all with no problems.

     

    Discount Digital Photographics

     

    I just realised that link is to the Canon versions, for Nikon use this link:

     

    Nikon Kenko Teleconverters

    Edited by Gudge
  3. You might want to check ebay. There are a number of Hong Kong based shops that sell those for dirt cheap. I've picked up both a 1.4x and 2.0x Kenko TC's (Telepro Plus DG 300s) from one of those HK ebay shops. Just slightly above USD100 if I recall on the 1.4x. But they will nick you for int'l shipping so in total, maybe not much cheaper than that link Gudge gave you.

  4. thanks gudge & pakman.

    I have had loads of friends recommend ddphotographics too. Unfortunately they only stock the 2x, and I'm looking for a 1.5 (or 1.4). Hoping to get it this week, hence local (and shipping from HK will be nearly as much as the TC!)

     

    cheers

    Leander

    Edited by Lndr
  5. Discount Digital Photographics in Sydney ........

    I have purchased a couple of things through Glenn at Discount Digital, never been there physically, but always had very good service.

  6. I believe that some Kenko teleconverters are just re-badged Tamron one's (or vice versa). My Tamron 2X teleconverter certainly looks exactly the same (apart from the name) as the Kenko one and has the same specifications.

     

    Try this one:

     

    Tamron 1.4X Teleconverter

    Edited by Gudge
  7. Second the eBay option, I bought few times from HK supplies - great service with very good prices.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.