Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Talking in Bath

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Talking in Bath

10 posts
  1. Just a quick announcement.

     

    On Friday (29th Feb) I am giving a talk on coral reef life at the Bath Literary Festival, (Bath, UK).

     

    http://www.bathlitfest.org.uk/g7-wild-plac...ex-mustard.html

     

    This illustrated talk will covers both the natural history on coral reefs and some general interest, non-technical details about the process of taking photographs in this environment.

     

    Alex

  2. With a title like that I thought you divested into porn.... sheesh! ;)

  3. Drew - the mental picture did me no favours at all.........

     

    Paul C

  4. With a title like that I thought you divested into porn.... sheesh! ;)

     

    I was expecting a fancy photo or a Chaucer quote, I think your idea is better :lol:

  5. Somebody should explain to these New World folks that Bath was a Roman City built about 2000 years ago. (That's about 1750 years older than your country, yeehah!)

  6. Somebody should explain to these New World folks that Bath was a Roman City built about 2000 years ago. (That's about 1750 years older than your country, yeehah!)

     

    yeah yeah, but those italians didn't do your Bath cuisine any favors.

     

     

    the mental picture did me no favours at all.........

     

    Ah Paul, I can safely say I did not have any mental picture at all.

     

    Now I will apologize to Alex for hijacking his thread and trivializing his presentation in the beautiful ancient city of Bath. The festival is the most respected literary festivals in the UK. So congratulations Alex and hope it goes very well as I'm sure it will.

  7. Ha ha. No worries. Thanks for bumping up an announcement post up the listings.

     

    I was actually photographed in a bath recently (with an inflatable shark) by The Sunday Times (London). Luckily I was out of the country when it came out - although there was plenty of mickey taking at the last BSoUP meeting.

     

    When I agreed to do this talk it was supposed to be on a Wednesday - now they have moved it to a Friday - thus cutting into my beer time. Grrr.

     

    Alex

  8. When I agreed to do this talk it was supposed to be on a Wednesday - now they have moved it to a Friday - thus cutting into my beer time. Grrr.

     

    Speaking and drinking are not mutually exclusive :)

  9. Ahh, but drinking and driving home are! :)

     

    Alex

  10. Spend the night Alex... there usually is a couple of good films during the fest.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.