Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Damselfish

Started by TisTam ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Damselfish

5 posts
  1. I think this is a type of Damselfish but have been unable to ID it further. Sorry I only have a head-on shot which isn't as useful as a side-on shot, I know.

     

    Location: southern Caribbean, in the Grenadines. About 15m depth, daytime, reef.

    post-3303-1203947067_thumb.jpg

  2. Hey Tamsin,

     

    I think it is a three spot damsel, Stegastes planifrons.

     

    Hope you are well.

     

    Alex

  3. I agree with Alex. The "yellow-gold crescent above the eyes", as it is called in reef fish identification, is very characteristic for this species.

     

    Bart

  4. Lovely picture, these chaps are being quite aggressive at the moment. and everytime I try to get a picture they are just to fast for me!

     

    Hope that you had a good time in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, the next time that you in this neck of the woods come and say hi! I am based in St. Vincent.

     

    All the best,

     

    Kay Wilson,

    Indigo Dive,

    St. Vincent.

     

    Found this chap recently - I am so happy to have been able to get a reasonable shot!

     

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6900...mp;id=728831227

  5. Thanks Alex and Bart!

     

    Kay, thanks for the post - and I love the photo of the Blenny! My parents have a place on Bequia so I'll be sure to drop you an email next time I'm out there. I'd love to try some diving around St Vincent as well!

     

    All the best

    Tamsin

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.