Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

New setup?

Started by andrew73 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

New setup?

3 posts
  1. Hi all...

     

    My present Ikelite housing for my Fuji S2 Pro is showing signs of age, having been bought about 3years ago and it was already 2years old when I took ownership. I'm worried about the housing flooding although it seems unfounded. One of the latches can sometimes be opened without pressing on the locking latch and some parts of the housing looks like it's about to give way!

     

    Sooooo....my question is has anyone had any bad experience with Ikelite housings? I've grown very fond and loyal to Ikelite but I'd rather not take the chance and suffer a flooding! Should I switch to a D200, which seems to be getting good comments. I'd be able to get the body and a 2nd hand Ikelite housing which I've already managed to get 1st dibs on.

     

    Any comments/suggestions/idea will be very much appreciated! THANKS HEAPS!!! :);):)

    Edited by andrew73
  2. How much would it cost to send it into Ikelite for service? Just a thought

  3. How much would it cost to send it into Ikelite for service? Just a thought

     

    Servicing isn't an issue, I've sent it in before. The thing is, even the staff who service it has mentioned that the housing is looking worn. I guess I'll see how it goes on my next trip, as long as I don't go beyond 30m! :)

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.