Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Ikelite D300 housing + Seacam Systemflashb & arms?

Started by rwhitsel ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Ikelite D300 housing + Seacam Systemflashb & arms?

2 posts
  1. I have 2 Seacam Systemflash units which house my Nikon SB 800 flash units. I also have the Seacam arm system. I am considering using these 2 flash units on an Ikelite Nikon D300 housing. Will this setup work and will I get Nikon's iTTL control of the 2 flash units?

     

    Thanks in advance for any information readers can give me. Also feel free to include your opinion of such a setup. And if you are wondering why I want this particular setup, it's so that I can use the 2 SB800 flashes I already have and also the Seacam Systemflash components that I already have. :)

     

    Ron

  2. Hi Ron,

     

    I don't have that system, but I do have a flash housing for my 580EX so I'm familiar w/ how they work.

     

    The Ikelite D300 housing comes with an iTTL converter already inside. That converter is programmed so that it can translate between the D300 and Ikelite flashguns. It does not "talk" to Nikon flashguns and in fact, it probably messes up the signal in between.

     

    What you would need would be a housing with straight 5-pin TTL wiring inside. Kind of like a really old film camera housing. Ikelite can provide that.

     

    Cheers

    James

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.