Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Smug Mug Prints and Products

Started by joeyfishes ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Smug Mug Prints and Products

6 posts
  1. Hi All,

    Comments about photos and products from smug mug. I am considering using them for some printing and perhaps a book.

     

     

    Thanks

     

    Joe

  2. Hi Joe,

     

    I have a Smugmug pro account that I use to sell prints from various events. Their print quality and prices are fine. They don't have metallic paper (I don't think) like the high-end print houses, but their prints look fine. You can see my account at http://reefpix.smugmug.com

     

    I have not used their other products.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I have a smugmug account as well, and their prints are comparable to other print shops. What I like about them though is their lightning fast support and the fact that you can completely alter the look of your smugmug site as a Pro account holder.

     

    I recently had a problem with one of their magnets I printed a year ago, and they instantly replaced it, no questions asked.

     

    Cor

  4. I concur with James and Cor. I've been quite happy with my Smugmug account, and had it customized to look...well, less like a Smugmug site. :P I've ordered quite a few prints, and they come out quite well, with color fairly true to what you'd expect based on the image on your screen. My site is UnderwaterReflections.com .

    Edited by bmyates
  5. I concur with James and Cor. I've been quite happy with my Smugmug account, and had it customized to look...well, less like a Smugmug site. :) I've ordered quite a few prints, and they come out quite well, with color fairly true to what you'd expect based on the image on your screen. My site is UnderwaterReflections.com .

     

     

    Thanks very much for the info!!!

     

    Joe

  6. I have also customized my Smugmug Pro account although I think I will work on it again when I get time. Check it out at www.spraggshots.com.

     

    I have printed a few large prints from the site an have been very happy witht the results. The printer is EZ Prints, if you go to their website (www.ezprints.com) you can get a sample print to help you keep your monitor in trim with their colour settings. Plus there is a downloadable ICC profile which will help you keep the colours true.

     

    Martin

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.