Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Music for Underwater video

Started by l.babcock ·

  • 18Posts
  • 18Replies

Read-only discussion

Music for Underwater video

18 posts
  1. Hey Guys, I take people on dive trips around the world . Part of their dive package includes an underwater video of their trip. Right now i have footage of Honduras, Malaysia, and Bonaire, I have ran out of choices for music, I checked out the royalty free music, its very expensive $ 99.00 for one cd, I may or may not be able to use the music, but that takes care of only on video at best, I still have two others, I think it is tacky to use the same music on all videos, considering a lot of the same people are repeat customers, I have also purchased a software program called music maker, very complicated and time consuming, i would have more time in making the music then i would taking the video and edited it.

    I am not a very musical person either.

     

    Help

    Larry

  2. Check out Sound Dogs, they have a large selection and you buy the music by the track, it ranges from a couple US dollars and up.

     

    Good Luck

     

    Rob

     

    Hey Guys, I take people on dive trips around the world . Part of their dive package includes an underwater video of their trip. Right now i have footage of Honduras, Malaysia, and Bonaire, I have ran out of choices for music, I checked out the royalty free music, its very expensive $ 99.00 for one cd, I may or may not be able to use the music, but that takes care of only on video at best, I still have two others, I think it is tacky to use the same music on all videos, considering a lot of the same people are repeat customers, I have also purchased a software program called music maker, very complicated and time consuming, i would have more time in making the music then i would taking the video and edited it.

    I am not a very musical person either.

     

    Help

    Larry

    Edited by vidodivr
  3. check eBay and search online.

     

    There was a producers website that gave you a few tracks free, it was discussed on here before and i joined it, was quite good stuff. I forgot the website now though. :P

     

    Maybe search wetpixel for 'music'

  4. I use shockwave or a company called aka music... still expensive though. But better than a copyright lawsuit.

     

    Also I think that its heaps more professional to use RFM, you never know where your film will end up!

     

    J

  5. If you are on a Mac than you can create your own using Soundtrack Pro or Garage band.

    I love to use Sonic Fire Pro which is fine for Macs or even PCs.

    Steve B)

  6. Here is a site with music on it.

    http://www.jamendo.com/en/

    I found some music on there that I really liked but you've got to be careful with the licences. In this case it had a CreativeCommons "Some Rights Reserved" licence:

     

    You can copy, distribute, advertise, and perform this album as long as you :

     

    Give credit to the artist

     

    Don't use this album for commercial purposes

     

    Don't alter, transform or build upon this album

     

    I expect a lot of the music on Jamendo comes with the same licence which means that videos with the music definitely can't be sold and use on a commercial site (selling products/advertising) is dubious.

  7. I tried once to create some music in Garage band it sounded a cross between a year 1 concert and killing a multitude of animals... :P

     

    I think $20 for a soundtrack is a bargain!

  8. I tried once to create some music in Garage band it sounded a cross between a year 1 concert and killing a multitude of animals... :P

     

    Could be worse, Metal Machine Music covered by N*Synch for instance :)

  9. Larry, use the search function to find a deal I arranged for wetpixel members with Stock20. It is in the editing/production sub forum and someone has been nice enough to bump it up for you.

  10. where do I search at, and what do I put in the search, I went to stock20 website couldnt find anything for wetpixel members.

     

    Thanks for all of your guys help

     

     

     

     

     

    Larry, use the search function to find a deal I arranged for wetpixel members with Stock20. It is in the editing/production sub forum and someone has been nice enough to bump it up for you.
  11. Actually, the $7 deal for wetpixel members is the same deal Stock 20 has been running for everyone since they first came on the market.

    Steve B)

  12. Larry there is a search function in the menu bars of this website. However, the deal is no longer valid after being over 1 year! However the stock20 website does still have royalty free tracks.

     

    Steve if you read the post on the deal at the time, it was an extra $7 for WP members on top of the deal they had for everyone else. Otherwise I wouldn't call it a deal for WP.

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16484

    Edited by Drew
  13. oops, my bad.

    Steve

  14. I found some music on there that I really liked but you've got to be careful with the licences. In this case it had a CreativeCommons "Some Rights Reserved" licence:

     

    You can copy, distribute, advertise, and perform this album as long as you :

     

    Give credit to the artist

     

    Don't use this album for commercial purposes

     

    Don't alter, transform or build upon this album

     

    I expect a lot of the music on Jamendo comes with the same licence which means that videos with the music definitely can't be sold and use on a commercial site (selling products/advertising) is dubious.

     

    I was wondering about the "not for commercial purposes" as well. I don't sell the videos but I plan to have some of the podcasts sponsored. Is that legal under the "not for commercial purposes" CC agreement?

  15. I think sponsored videos/podcasts would probably count as commercial use.

     

    If there's a piece you like then best to ask the artist concerned and tell them the exact use.

     

    I have found that musicians are often very happy to let you use their music in exchange for a credit. They seem to like the exposure. I have even had a couple write tracks specially for me and allow me to use them for free on DVDs that I sell. There are loads of forums on the net for songwriters and they are a good place to ask.

     

    Songwriters and V-jays are also often looking for some footage to use. I have traded like this in the past. So my stuff gets projected on a big screen in a club and I can use 3 of his tracks on my projects.

  16. Hey I've seen your stuff on Banana and Tiger before... although I've never been to anyone of them of course! :rolleyes:

  17. Now why wouldn't you want to frequent such wholesome venues? Then again you're still the only Patong visitor who specifically asked for a massage venue that doesn't offer happy endings. Some bad experience in the past?

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.