Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

I needs some help with lower thirds

Started by PCDiver ·

  • 18Posts
  • 18Replies

Read-only discussion

I needs some help with lower thirds

18 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I would like to create some cool looking "lower thirds" but I'm graphically challenged. :P

    My editing platform: I'm working with Edius but I also use the full Adobe Production Studio.

     

    I'm looking for either a template that I can modify, perhaps some tutorials, ...

     

    All help very much appreciated.

     

    PS. If someone wants to invest some time in working with me, full credit will be given in all our podcasts (and there will be plenty).

     

    Thanks,

     

    Peter

    www.submergeproductions.com

  2. Peter

    Have you looked at Title Motion Pro in EDIUS.

    It has quite a few that can be modified as well.

  3. Peter

    Have you looked at Title Motion Pro in EDIUS.

    It has quite a few that can be modified as well.

     

    My version of Edius didn't have Title Motion Pro. I could install it but I need an original version 3 TM CD.

  4. While I am on a Mac, why don't you take a full aniimation and crop it from top and bottom and place it in the frame where it fits. Then you can put your text on the layer above that. Easy lower third.

    Steve B)

  5. While I am on a Mac, why don't you take a full aniimation and crop it from top and bottom and place it in the frame where it fits. Then you can put your text on the layer above that. Easy lower third.

    Steve B)

     

    Hi Steve,

     

    It's not the technical part that I have a problem with, but rather the graphical design aspect. It needs to look good.

  6. Peter, You should be able to make some great graphics on Adobe After Effects depending upon what 3rd party plug ins you have installed. Also, on Creative Cow there are lots of free tutorials that may help you out.

    Steve B)

  7. Are you on NERO?

    If on Pro you should of got it.

  8. Are you on NERO?

    If on Pro you should of got it.

     

    No I'm on Pro. It was an upgrade package from 3.x. I have TM 4.x but it will not install without a 3.x TM CD which is not included. All the other 3.x CDs are in the package. I complained with the reseller, but he was not very helpfull.

  9. Well if you have your dongle and serial you could go and download the lastest version 4.60 from the Canopus site, uninstall what you have and start a fresh. Your TM4 version should load then.

     

    There is a 2 GIG ISO full 4.60 version there as well that I downloaded and burnt to a DVD. It has all the other software that comes with the retial disks. Use your serial number and dongle with it and it should be fine plus you are starting out with a fresh install.

     

    The TM disk I have is from 4 as well.

    So looks like you have to find another retailer hey....

  10. I have my dongle and serial number so I'll give the Iso image a go. Thanks mate.

  11. Cool

    It's a full install so uninstall what you have first.

    Hope it works for you.

     

    I used the Disk Capture yesterday to rip a DVD...worked really well...there I was editng a raw MPEG2 DVD file right on the DV timeline in realtime. It was super responsive...I was amazed.. :)

  12. Hey Wags, You're a PC guy so you may know. I received a bunch of movies that a relative ripped from somewhere up in Canada, feature films. They are on DVD + Rs which I've never used. At any rate, they will not play on either of my 2 DVD players but will play on my Mac which is the last place I want to watch a feature film. Any suggestions?

    Steve

  13. Steve when you say your 2 DVD players....does that mean stand alone players or players in you PC?

  14. Yes, they are standalones connected within my home theater system.

    The discs will play on my Mac's computer monitor but I have no desire to watch movies sitting at the computer.

    Steve B)

  15. Well if they are stand alone players if could be a few things.

    1.They don't like DVD+r disks.

    2.The brand of disks they used to burn were rubbish

     

    I would copy the Video TS and Audio TS folders to your drive and re burn to a DVD-r disk using your mac.

     

    Mr PCdiver..... I will be sending you an email very soon with a link :)

  16. As an alternative to generating your own, you can also buy animated graphics that are royalty free. It won't be original but neither will using any titler in NLEs.

    Any alternative is to pay a college kid to design for you. I've done that with a few guys and it only costs $100-200 dollars.

  17. Drew, good suggestions. I think I'm gonna have some students work on it.

     

    Mr. Wags. Thanks for your help. It worked.

  18. BlufTitler is a good value and well respected titling program. It uses your graphics card so a good card helps the quality of the finished title.
Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.