Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Editing software for HD video, making slide shows and posting to Web???

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Editing software for HD video, making slide shows and posting to Web???

7 posts
  1. Looking for editing software that can:

     

    1. Edit HD video and burn to Blue Ray.

    2. Combine HD clips, stills, and text for slide shows. (Understand BR can only be played on BR players)

    3. Where to load still slideshow with HD video clips for public viewing?

     

    Use CS3 to edit stills, Pinnacle Studio Plus for HD video (has lots of problems closing down unexpectedly) and ProShow Gold for making slideshows with video clips (ProShow only seems to take MPEG1 video clips) for posting on web.

     

    Dumb Question II

    I have a website. Is there a program that will create a slideshow with stills and HD clips that can be saved in a format/file that I can load to my website that people could download to view? Can it contain HD clips or do I have to down size to MPEG1?

     

    All and any help welcome.

  2. Here is what I would do with what I have.

     

    1. Edit the HDV and stills with text on a HDV 1440/1080 EDIUS timeline in real time. :P

     

    2. Encode out as 1920/1080 or 1440/1080 25mbps Elementary MPEG2 file with a AC3 audio file.

     

    3. Author Blu_Ray with DVDit Pro HD.

     

    4. Compile and test on hard drive.

     

    5. Burn to a blank Blu_Ray.

     

    For the web encode out the timeline to a FLASH flv file.

  3. Thanks, looks like I have to look at a couple of new programs.

  4. 3. Author Blu_Ray with DVDit Pro HD.

     

    4. Compile and test on hard drive.

     

    5. Burn to a blank Blu_Ray.

    Wagsy,

     

    I thought Edius 4.5 was able to burn to Blu_Ray without an intermediate program - perhaps I am wrong!

     

    Roger

  5. Roger as far as I know there are only two basic programs that can author a Blu_Ray on a PC so far.

    Adobe Encore and DVDit Pro HD.

     

    Then again if you have $50,000+ you can buy a real Blu_Ray authoring program.

    And then add the AACS License fee and more.... :)

     

    Nope you have to render out the Blu_Ray spec files from you NLE.

  6. $50,000 bargain.... can I buy two...

     

    I don't reckon it will be long till more programs pop up. Will be good when compressor will output to Blu Ray

     

    J

    Edited by jonny shaw
  7. Looking for editing software that can:

     

    1. Edit HD video and burn to Blue Ray.

    Sony Vegas Pro 8 can burn to Blu Ray. Full Blu Ray authoring however is not yet offered by Sony but is expected to be in a future release of DVD Architect.

     

    2. Combine HD clips, stills, and text for slide shows. (Understand BR can only be played on BR players)

    If you just mean a video of these things in sequence then Sony Vegas Pro is very good at this. Other NLEs too. If you mean an interactive slide show that advances when the user clicks then you'll have to author that with something like Adobe Flash and it's going to be heavy going.

     

    3. Where to load still slideshow with HD video clips for public viewing?

    If it's just a video slideshow you want to host then check out the following:

     

    hdvundersea.com (from our very own Wags - 480px wide)

    vimeo.com (can take higher resolution videos)

    brightcove.com (480px wide)

    veoh.com (the late Stage6 is now sending users there)

    blip.tv

     

    The most popular sites for interactive stills slideshows seem to be photobucket.com and slide.com but I dont know if they can include video and the size is small.

     

    I have a website. Is there a program that will create a slideshow with stills and HD clips that can be saved in a format/file that I can load to my website that people could download to view?

    Video slideshow: Just about any NLE including Sony Vegas Pro

    Interactive slidewhow: Adobe Flash Pro (or alternatively something to author a new Microsoft Silverlight thingy). Steep learning curve! HEAVY GOING.

     

    Can it contain HD clips or do I have to down size to MPEG1?.

    Forget old MPEG1. There is basically no limit on resolution on any of these formats I mentioned. Flash video, WMV, DivX/Xvid or whatever you choose can go up to 1920 x 1080 but of course you'll need a lot of bandwidth to download. For high quality web delivery I like a resolution of 960 x 540 which is half the height of HD. Here is the method I use for Xvid videos.

    Edited by Nick Hope
Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.