Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Help with Pricing Prints

Started by MikeO ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Help with Pricing Prints

2 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I have a colleague who has an opportunity to put some of his prints in a couple places that might drive some sales requests. He is just starting out trying to sell some of his stuff (land-based HDR work) and asked me if I had any advice on a pricing strategy. He plans on using Pictopia to generate the prints. He is interested to know if there are any thumbrules or online engines to help assist in pricing the prints over what it costs him to have them created. Any thoughts?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Mike

  2. Mike,

    I see not too much of a response here. I think the only thing that counts is what folks will pay. I would tentatively start with an amount that he feels covers his costs plus some profit for his trouble. If people buy, great and he can slowly increase his prices, if not, it's not worth the trouble. Just a general business approach.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.