Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Aftermarket RAM

Started by Kasey ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Aftermarket RAM

2 posts
  1. I'm looking to upgrade the RAM in my titanium powerbook. Is there a difference in the quality and speed of the different brands. Can anyone recommend a good manufacturer that might be less expensive than Apple's product? I'll buy the good stuff if it is significantly better, but I'm just not sure.

     

    Thanks

  2. There are quality and speed differences between brands, but whether you benefit from faster memory is a matter of how Apple programs their memory controller. I would suspect that all memory will perform the same in your Powerbook.

     

    Have you tried Crucial at http://www.crucial.com. They make it very easy to look up memory for different manufacturer's products. They list a 512MB SODIMM for a 1GHz 15 inch powerbook at $151. The 17 inch powerbook uses DDR memory. For that machine they offer a 256MB module for $43.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.