Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

System Dive

Started by wagsy ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

System Dive

3 posts
  1. I made a custom boot CDROM that will boot using some basic windows drivers I grabbed off the XP disk. It loads it all into the RAM and uses that and the CDROM to run the different programs I put on the the CDROM. All the software used to make it was for free too. :)

     

    My complete 12 GIG operating system & programs takes just 15 minutes to restore from the 7 GIG backup file. Going to start using it to back my work files to one simple compressed folder that sits on another drive.

    You can also back the operating drive up while you are using windows.

     

    So now at the first sign of trouble I reboot with the disk and go and make a cup off coffee. :lol:

    Who cares about viruses and bugs and when those ADOBE programs start going silly.

    Edited by wagsy
  2. I made a custom boot CDROM that will boot using some basic windows drivers I grabbed off the XP disk. It loads it all into the RAM and uses that and the CDROM to run the different programs I put on the the CDROM. All the software used to make it was for free too. :)

     

    I've let Norton Ghost save my ass on a couple dozen occations. It makes nightly incremental backups to the NAS (not my Nikon Aquisition Syndrome, Network Attached Storage <GRIN> ) If a drive goes bad, the Ghost CD goes in, boots, puts the drive back the way I had it. There is a Mac solution that does a very similar job. I hate reinstalling apps..... This way, I don't have to.

  3. Hey Joel

    I gave up on Nortons as I just been put off by the way their anti virus software works. It really is a piece of *&^%$

     

    The trick to using a systems like this is to never never never save anything to your C: system drive. All emails and stuff go to another drive.

     

    I'm always downloading different software all the time and there has been times where I have really stuffed my system up...but who cares...

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.