Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

back to uw photography after 15 years

Started by henkelphoto ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

back to uw photography after 15 years

2 posts
  1. Hi guys!

     

    New poster here. I’m about to get back into diving after a hiatus of about 15 years. Suffice to say, I’m a bit bewildered by the amount of new stuff out there.

     

    I’ve just picked up a Nikon D300 and will be looking at some of the housings, but the last time I dove, I used a Nikonos V.

     

    I’ve got a Nikon 100 2.8 , 35mm 2.0 and 20 2.8 lenses, but I was thinking of picking up a Sigma 10-20mm zoom. Does anyone use one of these and if so, are they sharp on the edges (at least enough sharp)?

     

    Any helpful hints would be great.

     

    As for my diving ,I’m kind of a warm water wimp so will be spending my dive time in tropical locations.

     

    Thanks!

     

    Jerry

  2. Hi guys!

     

    New poster here. I’m about to get back into diving after a hiatus of about 15 years. Suffice to say, I’m a bit bewildered by the amount of new stuff out there.

     

    I’ve just picked up a Nikon D300 and will be looking at some of the housings, but the last time I dove, I used a Nikonos V.

     

    I’ve got a Nikon 100 2.8 , 35mm 2.0 and 20 2.8 lenses, but I was thinking of picking up a Sigma 10-20mm zoom. Does anyone use one of these and if so, are they sharp on the edges (at least enough sharp)?

     

    Any helpful hints would be great.

     

    As for my diving ,I’m kind of a warm water wimp so will be spending my dive time in tropical locations.

     

    Thanks!

     

    Jerry

     

    I have the D-300 and Sigma 10-20mm in Sea & Sea housing.

    Housing is excellent except a few "issues" (no tripod connector and the black coating doesnt seem very resilient)

     

    Here's a link to the photos from my 1st time out (please be gentle people, it was my first time :)

     

    http://nickambrose.smugmug.com/gallery/445...otZmy#261821546

     

    Unfortunately no one had told me not to shoot ISO 800 (or 400 really) so it took a lot of processing to get most of the noise out. These were ambient light at 30-70 feet in California.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.