Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

looking for a housing

Started by Dukgose2 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

looking for a housing

5 posts
  1. I am just getting into photography, I plan on do mainly underwater photo's. I just bought an Olympus 5050 and I am looking for a housing. Can someone suggest one that will be good for warm as well as cold water. (gloves)? Also did I make a good choice with the 5050?

     

    Thanks

  2. 1000th Forum Member!

     

    Congratulations to Wetpixel forum user Dukgose2, who was the lucky 1000th member to register! Dugose2 has won an Epoque DCL-20 wide conversion lens (retail value $299.95), gratiously donated by Wetpixel sponsor Marine Camera Distributors. The DCL-20 is a high quality 0.56x magnification conversion lens that fits the following underwater housings: Olympus PT-005/007/010/012/015, Epoque EHS-200 Z, EHC-1000, and EHN-4500.

     

    Wetpixel's 1000 members have logged almost 15,000 posts since Wetpixel was conceived, and the forums are the perfect place to bounce ideas (and images!) off of fellow underwater shooters. If you are not yet a member, please join us!

     

    ---

     

    Now, Dukgose2, can you please contact me for your prize? :P

    -Eric

  3. The 5050 is a great choice. Ask MCD to thow in the PT-015 housing for US$295 when they send you out that lens. Then there is strobes .... :-) Have fun with your new toys.

     

    -Dave

  4. I would not recomend the PT-015 for cold water gloves. The buttons on the back are a CF, even with no gloves on. I can't imaging putting 5mm of rubber on your hands and being able to negotiate them, much less the jog dial.

     

    Check out the Ikelite housing for your needs.

     

    Ikelite C-5050 Page

     

    UWCP.com Ikelite C-5050z Page

     

    The stay depressed controls are a cool feature, and the jog dial is MUCH easier to use. You can actually feel the physical clicks as you change settings. It also comes with a tray and handle, which is an essential accessory for the PT-015.

     

    Light & Motion also does well with cold water divers, and uses a similar jog dial system. I haven't used it yet, so I can't comment on how the housing will come together, but it has some impressive features (ttl ROC).

     

    Ryan

    www.underwatercamerapros.com

    rc@ryancanon.com

  5. What kind of gloves?

     

    I use the Olympus PT-007 (for 3040 camera) with dry gloves and have some problems pushing the small buttons.

     

    I would second the recommendation for the Ikelite housing with its bigger controls, or take a look at the L&M.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.