Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lightroom 1.4 update issues

Started by scubamarli ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Lightroom 1.4 update issues

9 posts
  1. Adobe released a new update to Lightroom - version 1.4 to address some new camera models. I installed the update, and then proceeded to get error messages from some files when I tried to update the DNG previews. My computer also started to slow down. You might want to think twice before installing the upgrade, unless you own the camera it addresses. I have contacted Adobe and will update this thread when (if) I hear anything.

    I did try an uninstall/reinstall, and ended up putting version 1.3 back on my computer, as the problem reoccurred.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  2. The LR forums is full of posts from people with similar problems, and others as well. I would be very careful about installing LR 1.4.

     

    Cor

  3. Adobe released a few dud installers with CS3, Glad to know they are consistent. :P

  4. I think there has yet to be a LR release that did not have some kind of serious problem. It's like they dont do any testing. Some programmer there says 'Ok, it works for me! Ship it quick!'.

     

    There are at least 3 nasty problems with 1.4 it seems. First, DNG conversion it broken. Second, some JPGs are broken, and third, and maybe worst of all, its got a bug where it writes the current date as the creation time back to your original RAW. That is an absolute nono. Never touch the RAWs. I cant even remotely understand how that one got in there.

     

    Guess we'll have to wait for 1.4.1 and see whats broken there.

     

    Cor

  5. How does a program accidently write data to a raw file when there should be no code EVER that's even capable of writing a raw file? Issues like that really make you wonder...

     

    I've written some impressive bugs in my day but never anything as stupid as that.

  6. Wow that bug is a lawsuit waiting to be filed.

  7. Update Lightroom 1.4.1 is now available from Adobe's website.

  8. I'll wait a few days and watch the forums before attempting to install it :D

     

    Cor

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.