Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Purchace of UW-housing for Nikon D300 in Baltimore, MD

Started by osksun ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Purchace of UW-housing for Nikon D300 in Baltimore, MD

3 posts
  1. Greetings from Finland!

     

    Finally decided to let my faithful Nikonos-V to retire and move on to the digital world in the form of Nikon D300. I'm a total newbie with the digital DSLRs and it surely will take some time to get familiar with this beauty. So I'm not in an acute hurry to take it underwater yet, though it's time to start acquiring all the bits and pieces necessary for that purpose, too. I'll be traveling to Baltimore, MD, in May for a week and wonder if there are any scuba/camera shops in town that would have Ikelite, Sea&Sea, Aquatica, Nexus or Seatool UW-housings/accessories in stock since with the current euro/dollar rate and maybe with a possibility to skip some taxes too :P I sure would like to do some shopping there :D I would be very grateful for any information you can offer on this !

     

    Thanks and regards,

    Oskari

  2. Greetings from Finland!

     

    Finally decided to let my faithful Nikonos-V to retire and move on to the digital world in the form of Nikon D300. I'm a total newbie with the digital DSLRs and it surely will take some time to get familiar with this beauty. So I'm not in an acute hurry to take it underwater yet, though it's time to start acquiring all the bits and pieces necessary for that purpose, too. I'll be traveling to Baltimore, MD, in May for a week and wonder if there are any scuba/camera shops in town that would have Ikelite, Sea&Sea, Aquatica, Nexus or Seatool UW-housings/accessories in stock since with the current euro/dollar rate and maybe with a possibility to skip some taxes too :P I sure would like to do some shopping there :D I would be very grateful for any information you can offer on this !

     

    Thanks and regards,

    Oskari

     

    I live in Washington, DC and don't know of any shops in the Baltimore/DC area that have much selection of underwater photography gear. I end up ordering from other places and having stuff shipped. Having said that, there are several shops (dive shops) around here that could order an Ikelite or Sea&Sea housing for you and then you could pick it up. However, I would be very surprised if any of the stores have them in stock on a regular basis. If you had time to make the trip up to NY, B&H probably has stuff in stock you might be able to play with, but that is a bit of a hike during a week long trip to Baltimore.

     

    Another option would be to order from one of the Wetpixel site sponsors and have them ship to wherever you are staying here in the States, or even to a UPS Store or FedEx pickup location close to where you are staying. That presupposes that you know what you want, of course!

     

    Mike

  3. Hi Mike,

     

    Thanks for the info. I think I'll follow your suggestion to make the purchase before leaving and have it then shipped to my hotel.

     

    Thanks,

    Oskari

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.