Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Inon 100 dome

Started by Nemo ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Inon 100 dome

9 posts
  1. An earlier thread mentioned the 100 dome was available in Europe and Japan. Any word on when it might hit the shelves in the USA?

  2. Dome is in stock and ready for immediate shipment ex USA (i.e. not shipped from Japan).

     

    Please contact me for further details if you are a customer in USA who wants a supplier in the States.

     

    Disclaimer: I sell these items directly from Japan to USA, Europe, etc. but Buyer is responsible for duties/import taxes into the country.

  3. I just got mine with an English istruction manual from http://www.marinecamera.com/ for $360 plus shipping.

     

    I like it for shooting big picture scenes like the one below.

  4. Ok - I have to ask - what does this dome actually do? I have seen it and have yet to find what it does in addition to the INON 100 degree w/a lens that I have.

     

    Could someone elaborate for me?

     

    TIA,

  5. I'm not one to read a bunch of information that seems to rely on technical specifications (it's the kinesthetic in me) - let me get my hands on it and use it

     

    All I really want to know is what additional advantages will it provide on top of the 100 INON lens?

  6. It will open the field of view to 130 degrees.

     

    Nemo

  7. Thanks Nemo - fewest words to get the answer I needed... :P

     

    That is pretty amazing to get that much field of view. I am curious as to how much correction there is for chromatic abberation and how well this setup works with consumer digicams (I own 2 - C3000's and a PT-010 housing) - loss of sharpness at the edges -vs- the center. With the straight 100 w/a lens, I have been amazed at how sharp the entire image is from edge to edge.

     

    Also - I assume then that the dome provides full rectilinear coverage - is it corrected or is there barrel distorion (Which is really a moot point underwater)?

     

    Anyone have any comments on this?

  8. Angle of view using your PT-010 housing and C3000 is 131.6 degrees, however, you will have some vignetting which can be confirmed by the LDC viewfinder.

     

    You can compensate for this by zooming slightly.

     

    Hopefully I'll be able to run some tests using charts, etc. and have a specific methodology for the testing.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.