Skip to content

Conservation and the Environment / Archived topic

Interest in donating photos for conservation?

Started by jakelevenson ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Interest in donating photos for conservation?

6 posts
  1. Hi everybody,

    I think this only the second post since I've been a member here, but I have a need for some photos rather than photo advice, and thought I would start here.

     

    I'm working on assembling some education materials for the International Fund for Animal Welfare’s Animal Action Week (AAW). It's the largest animal oriented education event in the world. In a nutshell it’s basically a week to raise awareness of wildlife issues to school kids. This year’s theme is protecting marine wildlife. AAW materials are distributed to teachers in over a dozen countries, as well as through Scholastic Magazine.

     

    I’ve checked Marine Photo Bank but really didn’t come up with much. My photo budget is exactly zero, and my personal portfolio contains only a couple images of the ones I need. Compensation would be limited to profuse gratitude, and having your photos seen by tens of thousands of people around the world.

     

    I thought I would post here and see if anyone might be interested in contributing their photos to this project.

     

    Specifically, I’m interested in good shots of Basking Sharks, as well as any Blue, Fin, and Beaked whale images would be particularly useful.

     

    Hope this is an appropriate forum for this request. Thanks so much for reading!

  2. Hi everybody,

    I think this only the second post since I've been a member here, but I have a need for some photos rather than photo advice, and thought I would start here.

     

    I'm working on assembling some education materials for the International Fund for Animal Welfare’s Animal Action Week (AAW). It's the largest animal oriented education event in the world. In a nutshell it’s basically a week to raise awareness of wildlife issues to school kids. This year’s theme is protecting marine wildlife. AAW materials are distributed to teachers in over a dozen countries, as well as through Scholastic Magazine.

     

    I’ve checked Marine Photo Bank but really didn’t come up with much. My photo budget is exactly zero, and my personal portfolio contains only a couple images of the ones I need. Compensation would be limited to profuse gratitude, and having your photos seen by tens of thousands of people around the world.

     

    I thought I would post here and see if anyone might be interested in contributing their photos to this project.

     

    Specifically, I’m interested in good shots of Basking Sharks, as well as any Blue, Fin, and Beaked whale images would be particularly useful.

     

    Hope this is an appropriate forum for this request. Thanks so much for reading!

     

     

    Hi,

    If you find any photo that you want to use from my site

     

    http://www.gadip.com/scuba

     

    go ahead and send me the picture number and will be happy to send you the file in high resolution.

     

    Thanks

    Gadi

  3. I don't have any shots of whales, but I have some acceptable images that you might like to use.... picasaweb.google.com/indigodive

     

    Hope that this helps!

     

    Kay

  4. Have heaps of Green and Hawksbill turtle shots if that helps. Send me a PM if they will.

  5. Can't hurt to try E-mailing the good folks at www.sharks.org and make inquiry.

  6. Check out http://wolcotthenry.com/start.htm.

     

    I know of both Wollcott Henry & Sterling Zumbrunn. These are conservationsists who put a lot effort into conservation photography, which other should do too! They work with Conservation International over here in Indonesia too.

     

    I'm sure he would be willing to have you use photo's for a good cause.

     

    Also go to http://www.marinephotobank.org/home.php

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.