Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

S2 Raw write time

Started by jnsgonda ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

S2 Raw write time

3 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I remember someone on this forum mentioning "compressed" vs. "uncompressed" settings for the Raw mode on the S2. I may be mistaken (D100?).

     

    What write times are people getting in RAW with their S2s?

     

    Thanks again,

     

    John

  2. James'll know.

     

    I know this doesn't answer your question but on the D100 compressed RAW is painfully slow. It would be quicker to develop film. Thankfully Wetpixel sorted out this problem for me when I was first using my camera in the field.

     

    Their advice was write uncompressed. And buy the biggest card you can!

     

    Alex

  3. I think I remember posting this info on Wetpixel before, so do a search using the Search feature and you should be able to find it.

     

    It takes between 50 seconds to 1 minute to write a 7-shot RAW burst. Don't remember the individual time.

     

    Fastest writing media for the S2 is the Microdrive.

     

    Cheers

    James

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.