Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Cardbus PC Card CF reader

Started by wetpixel ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Cardbus PC Card CF reader

7 posts
  1. Nice find. I'll look forward to this, too.

  2. Nice, very nice. A welcome improvement...

  3. Digging this post up from the deep dark past:

     

    There is a review and comparison of the Carbus CF reader on Luminous Landscape. Looks like a very worthwhile piece of equipment. There is a link to a supplier at the bottom.

  4. Digging this post up from the deep dark past:

     

    There is a review and comparison of the Carbus CF reader on Luminous Landscape. Looks like a very worthwhile piece of equipment. There is a link to a supplier at the bottom.

    The reviewer's conclusions are wrong, though. A cardbus, firewire or USB2 reader will be limited by CF speed, not bus speed. If the microdrive could keep up with the cardbus adapter, his test would have finished in 2 seconds, not 32. Still, this adapter is very tempting.

     

    I also have a Fujitsu 5010 like the reviewer. It has the worst CF adapter speed I've ever experienced and I promise it's not because of the processor. 286's had enough power to go faster than that.

  5. I'm using the Aska Corp CF32A with the Delkin driver (which is the same as the Delkin one), and it seems to work fine with my 1GB Trancend and 2GB Lexar cards. However, I tried using it with a friend's Canon 16MB FC-16M card, and it basically disables my computer. I don't believe it's the interface's problem, however, because when I use a USB 2.0 card reader, it fails as well. A friend's Windows ME system was able to read the card without problems.

     

    Strange!

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.