Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Digital projection

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Digital projection

1 posts
  1. I gave my first talk incorporating my digital photographs to a bunch of school kids who were visiting my institute on Friday. I was originally going to use the Data/video projector in our lecture theatre but the image quality was very poor so instead I used a newer portable projector, that I have used many times for giving talks.

     

    I found that I was able to improve image quality by reducing the contrast and increasing slightly the colour saturation.

     

    Anyway the experience gave me the distinct feeling that I know absolutely nothing about projecting digital images and am hoping the Wetpixel community can give me some useful tips.

     

    What features should one look for in a data/video projector for showing still images?

    What changes to the setup of the projector are useful for showing images rather than text and figures?

     

    Alex

     

    This question has double benefit because I/we are in the process of making the British Society of Underwater Photographers (BSOUP) more digital friendly - the next step of which is buying a projector (rather than having to beg and borrow them from members). BSOUP

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.