Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

DAN First Aid for Professional Divers Course

Started by seagrant ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

DAN First Aid for Professional Divers Course

1 posts
  1. For those of you that conduct all or part of you diving in working environments or need to keep up certifications from various agencies (I have to keep my AAUS and NOAA certs current regularly) - you will be delighted to know, as was I, that all the certs needed now to satisfy the regulations of the OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) requirements and some additional agency requirements are now all in one course!!

     

    What this means is now everything expires at the same time and can be kept track of more easily - but most important is everything in the course flows into the next thing and makes much more sense than with the separate courses.

     

    The new course contains:

    CPR/AED

    Diver 1st Aid

    Hazardous Marine Life Injuries

    DAN 02

     

    I just took it over two long but interesting evenings and recommend it to anyone who needs this type of instruction. I understand only about 600 people in the US have done this course so far but that will grow by leaps and bounds soon I predict because it is laid out so much better than any of the other CPR, 1st Aid, 02, etc courses I've done over the years. It is finally all in one book and makes sense to divers.

     

    This is just one of the new and valuable DAN courses.

     

    Here's the overview link

     

    Thought this might be interesting, Carol

    Edited by seagrant
Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.