Hey guys! I've been shooting my OLY 4040Z for more than a year now and photography has gone from an accessory to my dives, to the main reason that I dive. I feel that I have a pretty good handle on the basics and now my focus is the art of photography, instead of the physical act. Lighting and composition are the skills I am now trying to improve. I am starting to find my 4040 a bit limiting. Mainly a matter of shutter lag, but also a matter of lens selection and image size (not enough pixels). I like the ability to crop my photos and hate turning a 4.3 megapixel photo and turning it into a 2 megapixel photo. If I was just sharing on the internet, the size issue would be no big deal, but I have a few nice 8x10 prints on my wall now and would like some more!
So, I've sold my self on the idea of throwing down some cash on a new setup. I don't own any lenses, so I'm not tied down by glass. Looking at the entry-level DSLR options (Nikon D100, Canon EOS 10D, Fuji S2) I'm 90% sold on the Fuji S2. I think TTL would be a great tool. It would be nice to compare my settings to what the TTL "thinks" and thus improve my lighting skills. I'm up for suggestions and debate about which body I should go with.
If I go with the Fuji S2 body, which lenses do you guys recommend? Starting off with one good WA lens and one good macro lens seems like a good idea. So, what are you guys shooting? What do you recommend?
I've looked at the Sea & Sea and Ikelite housings. I understand there are much higher quality housings available for an equaly higher price. I havn't yet decided on a housing and I'm up for suggestions.
I'm planning on buying a second YS-90DX strobe for my DSLR setup. I understand there are higher power higher quality strobes out there, but it makes sense since I have invested in one already. I've had nothing but joy with my single YS-90, but they obviously are not the last strobes I will ever buy. ![]()
Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!