Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Autrun CD on OSX

Started by wagsy ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Autrun CD on OSX

7 posts
  1. One for you MAC folks.

     

    Is it true that Mac OS X has had the autorun CDROM feature turned OFF.

     

    I want to make a single autorun CDROM to run on both PC and MAC and have found a way to do it with older versions of MAC's but how with OS X.

     

    Ideas?

  2. There's no way to do it.

     

    Autorun capabilities have never been a feature of OS X. In part this is because of incidents in the late life of OS 9 where an autorun/autoinstalling CD of programs on a MacUser magazine included an infected file.

     

    DVD's autoplay under OS X, can you do what you are aiming to do with a DVD structure?

  3. Thanks Craig

     

    I suppose a hybrid DVD may work.

     

    So when you get a software CD you manually have to go into it to start installs and stuff.

    Does some kind of window pop up to show you the files on the CD?

  4. The convention seems to be the inclusion of a ReadMe text file at the top level of the CD/DVD that tells you what to do to open the files.

     

    The attached thumbnail shows what I get when I insert a CD that accompanies a text book. On windows machines it autoruns and opens the file "veterinary.html". We mac users just open the CD then double click on the veterinary.html file. It's no biggie.

    post-872-1207143382_thumb.jpg

  5. I see....cheers for that....

     

    I would like to send you a 12 meg mac zip file made on my computer with some files inside it that have been compiled to run on OSX.

     

    Wondering if you could give it a try to see what happens.

    It is a small FLASH clip with a built in projector that should run even if you have not got flash on your computer.

     

    Cheers?

  6. Sure,

     

     

    send it to craig(at)ruaux.net and I'll see what happens.

  7. Just sent you an email

     

    Thanks.

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.