Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Soft camera housings

Started by retiredislander ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Soft camera housings

4 posts
  1. Boy, talk about a newbie. I'm new to snorkling and photography. I own an Olympus Stylus 1000 digital and would like to take it with me snorkling. I'm considering the DICAPac WP-100 or the EWA marine D-L12 housings. I figure this outfit will get me "in the door" and I can always upgrade.

     

    Has anyone had any experiance with these products? Any other input?

  2. don't do it! those things a not worth the risk.

  3. Boy, talk about a newbie. I'm new to snorkling and photography. I own an Olympus Stylus 1000 digital and would like to take it with me snorkling. I'm considering the DICAPac WP-100 or the EWA marine D-L12 housings. I figure this outfit will get me "in the door" and I can always upgrade.

     

    Has anyone had any experiance with these products? Any other input?

     

    Many years ago I had an Ewa Marine bag for my video camera. It was great for skinny dipping, but at depth none of the buttons worked because of the pressure. You're much better off getting a hard plastic case for your camera. They are not that expensive and you'll be able to use it for much more than just getting in the door. You can check Digideep.com to see who makes housings for your particular camera model.

  4. don't do it! those things a not worth the risk.

    My thanks to all. It's wonderful to have input from those with experience with the equipment. Looks like I'll be saving my sheckles for a hard case.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.