Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Apple shipping Final Cut Server

Started by TheRealDrew ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Apple shipping Final Cut Server

8 posts
  1. Despite the rumors swirling due to Apple pulling out of NAB and the future of Final Cut, it is here

     

    Apple Server

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  2. Would be great if I had staff :D

     

    What are the rumours about Apple pulling out of FCS?

     

    Jon

  3. Would be great if I had staff :D

     

    What are the rumours about Apple pulling out of FCS?

     

    Jon

     

    There was some rumblings that Apple pulling out of NAB meant they were not interested and there were a couple of things on the internet speculating that Apple was going to unload the Pro Apps, none of which made sense, but you never know.

     

     

    One Place Discussing And Refuting

     

    I particularly like the opinion expressed in the second post here about how Jobs would feel about selling

     

    Some more here

     

    But I think the release of the server is a good sign. Now if they can get on the blu-ray bandwagon a bit more :blush:

  4. :D That second post was funny!!!

    Always good to start the morning with a laugh.

     

    I first thought that it sounded like complete rubbish....but who knows, maybe Edius will make a apple version and we will all join Wags!!!!

     

    Jon

    Edited by jonny shaw
  5. I first thought that it sounded like complete rubbish....but who knows, maybe Edius will make a apple version and we will all join Wags!!!!

     

     

    Don't give Wags ideas :D Edius world domination on all platforms. I was wondering why he was searching about for an Apple SDK :blush:

  6. NAB doesn't sell products, it's become a networking place and it cost a lot for companies like AVID and Apple to have a presence at NAB for no real return. For manufacturers like Sony it's a great place to launch and show products.

    Anyhow FC Server is a nice system. I saw the beta in LA and the workstation environment it creates with FCP is pretty integrated. I especially liked the workflow template and automation.

  7. So Drew, do you reckon the rumours are just hot air?

  8. All I know is that broadcast and corporate business is not what Apple is going after right now and thus they made the same decision as Avid. It's just smart business.

    As for the sale of Pro Apps, well they were designed from the beginning to help sell computers, pushing the integrated software/hardware pitch. They bought quite a few software to bring out Shake and Color. Phenomenon is also on the way. I doubt that's a sign of them wanting to sell.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.