I have a Canon 20D in an Ikelite housing. I was using it for the first time in Bonaire a few months ago with a 60mm macro and a 5502 flat port. On my third dive I had a port lock open and flood the camera and housing.
I had the camera and lens insured against flooding by DEPP but not the housing. DEPP was great to work with. They replaced the 20D with a 40D and my lens within 30 days. Since the 20D had been discontinued, I could not get another. My dilemma, a 40D won't work in a 20d housing. I called Ikelite, they would replace the electronics in the 20D housing for $250. So I did that and purchased a refurbished 20D for underwater.
Question: Is it possible to tighten the port lock guide screws just snug after installing the port every time so this does not happen again?
Thank in advance for your time. Mike