Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Photo Composition Presentation at LAUPS meeting on Wednesday

Started by underwatercolours ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Photo Composition Presentation at LAUPS meeting on Wednesday

2 posts
  1. I have been asked by LAUPS: The Los Angeles Underwater Photographic Society to give a presentation at their meeting on Wednesday, April 16 at 7:00 p.m. Anyone in or traveling to the LA area is invited to attend.

     

    This is a great presentation that I have been developing for a long time. Its a combination of what I learned in art school, learned from my mistakes, researched in books and online, and picked up from other pro photographer's presentations I've done and seen. Jim Watt and I have done earlier versions of this presentation when he was still with us.

     

    The presentation discusses theories of composition such as working in thirds, the golden mean & golden spiral, lines and diagonals, negative space, framing, and much more.

     

    Its a very inspiring presentation for photographers of all skill levels, both underwater and topside because it doesn't focus on how big your camera rig is, how much you paid for it, or how much experience you have. The ideas in this presentation will benefit everybody interested in learning. Even after giving this presentation many times, I still learn from it myself because it reenforces those things that I should be keeping in mind when taking pictures underwater.

     

    I'll show you lots of examples of how you might typically shoot a particular subject, then offers ideas on new angles and techniques you might want to try next time. We'll show you some winning photos and explain why they won big prizes for the photographer that shot them.

     

    The presentation takes about 45 minutes, but LAUPS also discusses other club business. For more information about LAUPS and this meeting go to LAUPS.org.

     

    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 7:00 PM

     

    L.A. County Museum of Natural History

    900 Exposition Blvd

    Los Angeles , CA 90007

     

    Hope to meet some Wetpixel people there.

     

    Bonnie

  2. Good Luck Bonnie, not that you'll need it. Next time your doing something in the So Cal area give us folks out in the hinterlands a little more lead time, I would have loved to attend. You have to let us know how it goes! Have fun. :rolleyes:

     

    Steve

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.