Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Flickr now allows video uploads

Started by echeng ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Flickr now allows video uploads

8 posts
  1. Hey guys. Flickr now allows the upload of 90-second videos, and they look pretty good. You can embed them here at Wetpixel. Here's a test:

     

    The code:

    [flickrvideo]2430877460[/flickrvideo]

     

    ... yields:

     

    [flickrvideo]2430877460[/flickrvideo]

     

    Also, we have an video pool over at Flickr. Add underwater videos there! I'll see if they work in a flash player so we can have a collaborative slideshow like we have for still images.

     

    Here's the Flickr group link:

    http://www.flickr.com/groups/underwatervideo/

  2. Eric,

    the quality looks good, what file did you upload, was it H.264?

     

    Jon

  3. Yeah, it was Quicktime 720p compressed H.264.

    Edited by echeng
  4. Yeah, it was Quicktime 720p compressed H.264.

    That was really beautiful. I would love to know what was going through your head as the tiger was forcing you to backpedal -- right before it bit your rig, and then, right after it bit your rig! I'm thinking, "Crap, why won't it turn away from me? And then, "Whew, it only wants to eat my flash!" :)

  5. I need to do that one day before I'm dead.

     

    Load it up onto my site if you want.

    Getting a few there now.

  6. Totally psyched flickr lets you do this now! I tried uploading some stuff and ran into a small snafu ... hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction.

     

    I have a Canon HV-10. It shoots HDV-1080i on DV tape. I capture the footage using Adobe Premier and get .mpeg files.

     

    The native aspect ratio of this footage is 16:9. When I play the clips in Adobe Premier, Vista Movie Maker, Windows Media, iMovie - you name it - they are correctly played back as 16:9.

     

    When I upload them to Flickr, they play back at 4:3.I assume is has to do with the fact that the native footage is actually 1440 x 1080 with 4:3 pixels.

     

    Any thoughts on what I can do to get Flickr to recognize the existing footage as 16:9?

     

    Is there a way to capture the footage initially that will result in square pixels and 16:9 aspect?

  7. Here's what they say they accept:

     

    - AVI (Proprietary codecs may not work)

    - WMV

    - MOV (AVID or other proprietary codecs may not work)

    - MPEG (1, 2, and 4)

    - 3gp

     

    So just encode H.264 (= AVC / MPEG4) or WMV or Xvid(.avi) at say 768x432 / 2000kbps or and send them that.

     

    Video uploads are for pro accounts only which you have to pay for.

    Edited by Nick Hope
  8. [flickrvideo]2442492277[/flickrvideo]

    Now there are two!

     

    Underwater I shoot 1024x768 15fps on my G9. This footage was all shot using original Magic Filters.

     

    Strangely, Premiere Pro refused to import about a third of my clips, so I cut this using Vista's Windows Movie Maker. I published the output using 720p WMV.

     

    The soundtrack is an original composition - written, played and recorded by yours truly. It's called "A/G Jam" and was actually the first digital recording I ever made almost 10 years ago.

     

    Enjoy!

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.