Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Whats going on ???

Started by DeanB ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

Whats going on ???

13 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    Question for all the FCS2 boffs...

     

    I've captured and logged a clip... Dragged it into the preview window (leftside) to have a look at and all is fine... As soon as I drag it onto the actual timeline it jolts 3 or 4 times during playback... Like its dropped frames ??? If i put it back into the preview screen its fine..Smooth as a babies... This only happens on certain clips not all.. They are on the same section of the timeline... Any ideas..

     

    Plays fine in camera...Plays fine in preview screen... Stutters or jolts on the timeline :P

     

    Whats happening brother...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

     

    P.s.. Keep it simple :guiness:

  2. Dean maybe the preview quality is set to high. Has it got an adjustment...then again it should play it a at full res quality anyhow.

     

    Have you got any of that EX footage for us to see yet?

  3. what happens if you save and render? still jitters?

  4. Hi Mike..

     

    Nah still jitters.. Its so bleeding weird... Only on 2-3 clips out of about 30 so far... All from the same tape...

     

    Haven't got a housing for the EX1 yet..maybe june/july time... I've only played with it once so far...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  5. Are you talking about m2t HDV? If you've got access to a PC you could run it through MPEG2repair

  6. stop that nick, next you will tell him to buy edius :P

  7. Dean you have to buy the $987 US Apple plug in to make it run smooth in FCP.... but then you have to buy the latest OS X system so that plug in can run...then you have to update FCP so it will run with the new OS :P

    Edited by wagsy
  8. Eh ???

     

    Whats bloody m2t whan its at home... WHy aren't the other clips jumping ??? why oh why oh why...

     

    I'm transporting it in DVcam format.. Don't ask why.. I don't bloody know...lol.. :P

     

    As I said its fine in the preview window not on the timeline...

     

    Less of the advertising and back chat.. lets be serious for a change... :guiness:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  9. Dean

    if you want help, you need to be specific. What clip, machine, settings etc? Asking general quetions doesn't help.

  10. Well I thought you lot could read my mind.. :P just thought it might be an obvious thing or someones had the same probs...

     

    Its a clip of mist rolling over the waters surface.. and two ducks swimming through frame each around 6-8 secs long... no effects.. straight from camera (A1E)

     

    MBP...2.4ghz FCS2..Lacie 320GB HDD

     

    FW400

     

    Frame size 720x 576 (25fps) DV PAL/

     

    Frame rate 3.7MBsec

     

     

    Anything else ???

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  11. What about FCP settings.?

  12. I'll be back in a week...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  13. I recon it's those two ducks that's causing it. :P

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.