Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Inon UFL-165AD lens recommendations

Started by jr1010 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Inon UFL-165AD lens recommendations

4 posts
  1. I was just trying to decide whether to purchase the Inon UFL-165AD lens or not.

    I currently have the Fuji F50 finepix camera and housing with lens adapter. Would

    this lens be an appropriate addition to my setup, and is it worth the investment?

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    :P

  2. Hi

     

    Do you mean the UCL-165-AD, the 1.65x magnification close up lens?

     

    Cheers

     

    Hal

  3. I have the Inon UFL-165AD (fisheye) myself and it really changed the way I took pictures UW. If you like wide angle photography and you don't want to splash out on a full SLR set up this is a really good option. It isn't exactly cheap and only really good for underwater but it is a fraction of the cost of the other alternatives, not to mention that its is fairly compact for travel.

     

    It gives you so much more light to play with and for my Canon ixus 800 it gave me really nice results, a huge improvement on what the camera could do before.

     

    This has to be my favourite picture I have taken using the lens:

    http://www.pbase.com/ozanners/image/83991135/large

     

    Here are some others:

     

    http://web.mac.com/ozanners/Anners/Photographs.html#27

    http://web.mac.com/ozanners/Anners/Photographs.html#25

     

     

    One thing I would say is that it can be prone to flare, from what I read most fisheyes are vulnerable to some degree, and blacking out the silver parts of your cameras lens should help minimise it.

     

    I also bought a couple of Inon UCL-165AD (close up) at the same time along and I hardly use them because I enjoyed the fisheye so much, but saying that they give great results too. You can even stack them to give even closer macro:

     

    http://web.mac.com/ozanners/Anners/Photographs.html#32

     

    Make sure Inon make the adapter for your particular housing first though.

  4. Oh...yeh...that UFL-165-AD :P .

     

    My favourite thing about the Inon lenses is the wet mount capacity, snap them in or out as needed - all very convienient.

     

    Cheers

     

    Hal

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.